1. The best thing about playing Scooby Doo is that I get to do that thing with my feet where I run like crazy on the spot before suddenly shooting off into another room. (I’m working on the associated sound effect.)
2. Eila is fascinated by roadkill, of which we have a lot around here: possums and squirrels. Possums have many small teeth.
3. Friends of Gina unite and send a note. She’s flat on her back with a lumbar region she describes as old, OLD! and creaky, and arthritic, and shot! This, plus she’s in Rochester.
4. Ontario finally has a “do not call” service. Not a very good one, I’ll admit. It’ll take 6 weeks to put us on the list; any businesses we’ve had trade with in the last year are exempt; and many businesses aren’t included and have to be told separately to put us on their lists when they call. But, hey, it’s a start. At the moment telemarketers interrupt us every second dinnertime, and mostly what’s on the other end of the line is a machine.
5. I’m almost finished The Three Musketeers. It’s great for a roll in the hay, but it sure ain’t The Count of Monte Cristo. TCMC remains one of my favourite books ever. TTM I can take or leave.
6. Eila and I (but mostly Eila) wrote a poem yesterday for the chubbiest of her baby dolls:
Amanda, my dolly-a
Has a bad case of meatballia.